Tuesday 10 July 2012

Wine of the Month - July 2012

Well actually it's Beer of the month this time.  I've just returned from a trip to the UK and have brought back some 'proper English beer' as requested by A to serve at a party we're holding for work colleagues at the weekend.

Now you might thing that bringing beer to Germany is a bit coals to Newcastle-ish - and perhaps you may be right, but of course there is plenty to recommend beer wise for both nations.

Anyway, back to the tip of the month.  Near where I visited is a lovely little independent brewery and it's one of their specials which I think you all ought to hear about.  I'm not normally an ale drinker - the German pils style is much more my cup of tea (so to speak!) and I was pleasantly surprised by this hoppy little number.  Perhaps it's the fact that you should serve it chilled (a la lager) rather than warmer as a bitter might be but it did rather catch my fancy.



So who are these brewers and what is this yummy ale?  Well, the brewery is Rebellion Beer based in Marlow, Buckinghamshire and the beer in question is the bottled beer 24 Carat.  Give it a try and I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised!

1 comment:

  1. sounds delicious - I like the idea of a cold bitter.

    ReplyDelete